Why Da Long Face? Why Da Long Face?

pretty good improv

"I respect your point of view. But this is a Music Video and it is hard to get jokes out based on visuals. Perhaps watch my other Flashes, that aren't Music Videos. And I am only just starting out, so maybe my future Flashes will be more toy our taste. Sorry to disappoint."

this is the response you gave to my first review on this site, of your flash "you make me feel so young". in retrospect, it was a juvenile review and i didn't judge the flash for what it was: a music video. i appreciate that you actually read it and responded, so i decided to take your advice and watch another one of your flashes.

visuals: good, nothing more could be asked of them, smooth animation

voice acting: good, like the nasal quality on Mr. Horse Face

writing/improv: okay, the pauses and "ummm"s aim to create a realistic feel and flow, but it feels somewhat like family guy in its "ehh yeah sorry" approach. at times it didnt feel realistic but instead felt like it was stalling for time. the writing is however backed up with stuff like characters breaking eye contact. this is more on the delivery side of things, but the flash seemed to have overstayed its welcome. it dragged on just a little too long after the initial punch line. luckily it ended barely after getting the awkward cringe laugh, didnt overstay its welcome too long and is fairly well executed improvisation.

i hope this has been constructive and i have viewed your work in context.

MyKindOfFlash responds:

Ha ha, I've never had someone respond to a review response in a review before. I appreciate your comments, man. Thanks for the rating!

MGS: Flash Collab DISC 02 MGS: Flash Collab DISC 02

me likes

a very nice collab

the first 8 or so feel mediocre and predictable but the rest were good

some were funny, others v.funny, some had a nice style, others made great use of sound and a few gave a nice angle on the games

i was annoyed at the lack of a pause button, but the scene select made up for it

the only real complaint i have is the 8ish ones that just weren't funny, but thats not a big problem because they're the opening ones and once you get past them the rest is pure gold

good work

Awesome Video Games Ep31 Awesome Video Games Ep31

omg

this is the first time i've actually been compelled to write a review on ng
this is fantastic
as far as parody goes its amazing
there are alot of funny flashes but this is probably one of the best
i'm glad ye didnt do an angry nintendo nerd carbon copy
original and funny

'Wet Floor' 'Wet Floor'

vaguely amusing

it was kinda funny, liked the land of chocolate music, i don't know wtf's going on with your animation, but it gave it its own style. i think that sorta f**ked up movement would work better if you were trying to make something creepy. nice enough.

Still Alive - Portal Still Alive - Portal

interesting

it is an amazing and haunting song, one of the best ever in a game, but this seemed a little, pointless. given that the gameplay bits were funny enough. but you made the computer a bit too emotive. her mood swings a bit too much with no subtlety, ie she was either REALLY happy or REALLY sad etc.

despite this, love the song and portal tributes are always cool

Bowser's Kingdom: Eps 7 Bowser's Kingdom: Eps 7

you still got it!

Hammers of Joy my friend, Hammers of Joy.

you got a 9 because there wasn't enough Christopher Walken Shy Guys

Metal Gear Crisis 1.2 Metal Gear Crisis 1.2

best mgs spinoff

i really didnt think it would top metal gear awsome but it did. loved the way you mashed them all up. nice

Mr. Peanut Mr. Peanut

this pwns

indeed it does. stylish, short and damn funny. you did a good job of not over doing it. very nice

No Mercy For The Damned No Mercy For The Damned

why did i watch this?

kay, first off i dont like "goth" flashes, you'll soon see why.

that was crap. i mean, it wasnt scary, cool, impressive, thought provoking or enjoyable. it was simply pointless.

-This is Halloween- -This is Halloween-

ah the irony

nice flash. isnt it ironic that manson covered a song from a burton film??

Nightmare before Christmas, thim burton films and Manson are all most popular amonst; wanna be goths ^.^